Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
How China plans to feed 1.4 billion growing appetitesRemember the really cool report National Geographic made about the Dutch Greenhouse Industry? The one with the cool photos, stunning drone footage and gorgeous images? Well, they've done it again. This time though it does not concern the tiny Netherlands feeding the world, but the magazine shows how the next giant plans to feed the world.
1.4 billion growing appetites is what China has to take care of. The article does not only concern vegetables, but also includes poultry and cattle. The overview shots of the dairy operation combine with the pictures of the suburban housing north of Kunming, Yunnan, where high-value crops are being grown in greenhouses.
Check here to read How China Plans to Feed 1.4 Billion Growing Appetites on National Geographic.
Click here to read the earlier article about the Netherlands.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: