Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit import volume at Ningbo almost doubles for Spring Festival
This close to the Spring Festival, import businesses all start their preparation for "New Year products". According to surveys from Ningbo customs, seafood and fruit import volumes almost doubled compared to regular import volumes. Import products predominantly originate in the European Union, the ASEAN countries, the United States, and Australia. Imported fruit has become the new New Year favorite of many Ningbo citizens. The start of each year is the busiest retail season. According to reports, retail at the beginning of the year accounts for 20% to 30% of the annual retail volume. Furthermore, Ningbo citizens lean towards high-quality, relatively expensive fruits.
There is an increase both in volume and in variety of imported fruit products at the beginning of the year. One important reason for this development is that prices have become more reasonable for many people. Many fruits imported from ASEAN countries and Chile are exempted from customs, which obviously reduces the cost price for import businesses.
Source: cnnb.com.cn - Ningbo Daily
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: