- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
- UK company expands further into South Africa
- Indian pomegranate exports likely to run into trade roadblocks
- China: Zhengzhou welcomes first air freight of South American fruit
- “Prices of cucumbers and iceberg lettuce rising, minimum prices for green bell pepper”
- First highly specialized pear-processing plant built
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Taiwanese persimmon production volume greatly increased
- Nielsen expects online share in supermarkets to increase to 5% in 2020
- Fortuna Frutos starts with fruit department
- British supermarket 'watchdog' now also checking on Ocado and B&M Homestores
- “There is no longer a mushroom shortage as suggested in the media"
New Sri Lankan container yard
GAC’s joint venture with Hemas starts operations
It is the latest development in the partnership between the two companies, under the name Spectra Logistics, which was announced a year ago at the facility’s groundbreaking ceremony. Work has already begun on the next phase, with a distribution centre due to be completed by June this year.
Lars Bergström, GAC Group Vice President, Asia Pacific & Indian Subcontinent, says the country’s demand for third party logistics services has been bolstered by global trade growth and Sri Lanka’s rising importance as a sourcing base for international buyers in South Asia. “With the Spectra Logistics facility and the full gamut of freight and logistics services that we provide, we are well-placed to meet this growing demand.
“Spectra Logistics will bring supply chain solutions of global standards to our customers in Sri Lanka,” he adds.
Niranjan Nallaratnam, CEO of Spectra Logistics, is confident the yard will become one of the most active facilities of its kind in the country: “Once the distribution centre is completed, Spectra Logistics will become one of Sri Lanka’s biggest integrated logistics providers offering end-to-end logistics services to support a scalable and cost effective supply chain for our customers.”
Built on 15 acres of land within the logistics city designated in the government’s Western Region Megapolis Masterplan Project, the Spectra Logistics facility is strategically located between Port of Colombo and Bandaranaike International Airport, away from residential spaces. It is fully equipped for container handling, multiple container repairing, container washing and container rigging, and more.
For more information:
Gulf Agency Company Ltd.
Tel.: +971-4-881 1411
Fax.: +971-4-881 1511
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Third set of plans for Vlissingen container terminal also on the rocks
- 2018-11-14 China: Zhengzhou welcomes first air freight of South American fruit
- 2018-11-13 Hapag-Lloyd grows thanks to takeover
- 2018-11-13 PM Modi inaugurates India's first multi-modal terminal in Varanasi
- 2018-11-13 NZ: Further growth planned for Port of Tauranga
- 2018-11-13 Video Interview: Enabling visibility of cargo flow
- 2018-11-12 China Railway Express cold-chain train brings oranges to Europe
- 2018-11-08 Mobile solutions and data sharing the trends in shipment monitoring
- 2018-11-06 First leasing company invests in new model refrigerated containers
- 2018-11-05 ‘Napier Port is of critical importance to the industry’
- 2018-11-02 India, Iran and Russia push alternative to Suez Canal
- 2018-11-01 China: First refrigerated container arrives in Chongqing via new interconnected land and sea route
- 2018-11-01 Thailand and China sign sister port agreement
- 2018-11-01 Widespread criticism of Latin American ports
- 2018-10-31 MSC strengthens India-Mediterranean offering
- 2018-10-31 ''We add at least 2 hours additional transport time for Germany''
- 2018-10-31 Fresh produce transporters test the use of LNG
- 2018-10-31 Oman Aviation Group to transform air cargo sector
- 2018-10-31 Shipping companies - low pollution fuel could carry high price tag
- 2018-10-30 SF Express purchases DHL supply chain in China for 5.5 billion yuan