Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
It's a misconception that only young growers use new technologyThere is often the misconception, that only younger growers are open to using new technologies, but Matija Zulj from Agrivi disagrees. What is true is that a majority of the users of the farm management software are between 25 and 35, but it is important not to ignore the remaining 50% who are over the age of 35.
"The actual data clearly shows that our prejudices and assumptions that FMS is being used only by young farmers are very wrong. In the last 4 years being on the agtech market, one of our major findings was that users of FMS are professional farmers, no matter of age. We see incredible 60 year old farmers who are true farm businessmen how easily they use FMS, we see a young generation of farmers recording their activities on the go with a mobile app, we see farmers across 150 countries with various GDP how they use the software to improve their farm profitability," states Zulj.
The farm management software provided by the Uk based AgTech company, with Croatian roots, helps farmers plan, monitor and analyze all activities on their farm easily. Tillage, planting, crop protection, fertilization, irrigation, harvesting and all other activities are managed in one central place. Plus, it provides the possibility to track input usage quantities, costs and work hours for every activity.
The software is available as a web and mobile application, intended to help farmers manage all their farm activities and resources easily, without messy paperwork.
"The only criteria is that FMS users are predominantly professional growers, those who make a living from agriculture, those who have enough incentive to improve," Zulj continues.
"Agrivi is not only oriented towards growers, it provides tailor-made solutions for various stakeholders in the agricultural value chain—agricultural cooperatives, distributors of agricultural inputs, food sourcing companies, retail chains, banks, telecoms, NGOs, governments and all other parties looking to automate their data collection and achieve sustainable agricultural production in their network of growers."
For more information:
Tel: +385 99 27 11 989
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: