Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
2017 annual report on Chineseapple imports and exports
China exported 1.33 million tons of fresh apples in 2017. The export value was 1.46 billion USD. This is similar to last year. The import volume was 68 thousand tons, which is an increase of 2% compared to the previous year. The import value was 110 million USD, which is a decrease of 7% compared to the previous year. In December of 2017, China exported 174 thousand tons of fresh apples, which is a decrease of 3.12% compared with December in the previous year. The overall value was 191.5 million USD, which is an increase of 8.02% in comparison with December in the previous year.
With an export volume of 1.33 million tons, and an export value of 1.46 billion USD, China continues to lead the global apple export market. China broke the record of 1.3 million tons in 2016, and continues along the same line in 2017. The five most important destination markets for Chinese apple export are Bangladesh, Philippines, India, Thailand, and Indonesia.
According to provincial reports, the three leading export provinces are Shandong, Shaanxi, and Liaoning. Shandong exported approximately 62.5 thousand tons, which is a decrease of 5.91% compared to the previous year. Shaanxi exported approximately 23.9 thousand tons, which is an increase of 2.28% compared to the previous year. Liaoning exported approximately 20.8 thousand tons, which is a decrease of 13.74% compared to the previous year.
It is difficult to remain optimistic for apple export prospects in 2018 as both India and Indonesia have restricted export to their markets. The main import origin of apples for China are The United States (29 thousand tons at 1,539 USD per ton), New Zealand (22 thousand tons at 2,135 USD per ton), and Chile (13 thousand tons at 1,319 USD per ton). There were high expectations for the import of Polish apples in 2017, but according to data from customs, China imported only 1,130 tons of Polish apples with a total value of 1.02 million USD. The average price per ton was 905 USD. Although the price was favorable, the apples were quite ordinary.
Source: Shanghai Fruit Industry Association/Fruit Branch of the Chamber of Commerce
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: