Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Barnana® brings first organic ridged plantain chip to marketA pioneer in the healthy snack category for its unique banana-based delights, on January 30th Barnana® is launching yet another impressive new product. They have created the world's first organic, ridged, flavor-forward plantain chip. It is truly a first of its kind with bright, technicolor packaging that was recently awarded a GDUSA design award.
"This is a very exciting time in our company's history. We have made an item that is truly unique in its form factor, packaging and its next level of deliciousness. These plantain chips are going to disrupt one of the biggest snacking categories," said CEO Caue Suplicy.
Barnana's Plantain Chips are like no other plantain chip before! Flavor comes first in these chips made from upcycled plantains. The brand will launch with three crowd pleasing flavors:
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt: This pink salt comes from ancient ocean deposits inside the Himalayan Mountains, containing over 84 trace minerals and a more complex flavor profile.
- Acapulco Lime: A must-have on a white sand beach, these chips are loaded with tangy lime and a pinch of sea salt. To spice it up a little more, you can dip them in salsa or guacamole.
- Sea Salt & Vinegar (with Apple Cider): Vinegar has been used as an ancient healing remedy since Hippocrates. This killer combo is packed with the punch of white vinegar, the sweetness of apple cider, and a dash of sea salt.
Known for its famed Organic Banana Bites and Organic Banana Brittle, Barnana is saving millions of bananas every single year and now they're saving plantains (cooking bananas) too. Barnana continues on its mission to end food waste on organic banana and plantain farms by turning the "imperfect" fruits into delicious snacks.
In modern, bright, eye-catching packaging, Barnana Plantain Chips ($4.99 - 5oz. bag or $14.99 for a 3 Pack) are available on Amazon and Barnana.com.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: