Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Extending shelf-life of fresh produce
AmerFresh Active Packaging SystemAmerplast will present AmerFresh Active Packaging System at Fruit Logistica in Messe Berlin in Hall 4.1/A-14 on February 7th to 9th, 2018.
The Amerplast Active Packaging System is designed for extending the shelf-life of fresh fruit and vegetables by several days and reducing food waste.
AmerFresh Active Packaging System combines the Amerplast high performance film construction, the PerfoTec Laser Perforation Technology for balancing the amount of O2 and CO2 inside the pack, the latest advances in food science and packaging engineering.
On our stand, you will meet with University Lecturer Hanna Koivula, D.Sc.(tech.), from the Department of Food and Nutrition from the University of Helsinki. The University of Helsinki is a reference for understanding the relationship between packaging and food microbial and chemical reactions. This will provide our customers with valuable insights as to how our AmerFresh Active Packaging System can extend product life cycle of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables.
“Amerplast aims at being an industry leader in pursuing active and intelligent flexible packaging systems for food products using a mixture of better understanding of food science, superior packaging engineering and partnerships for keeping food fresher for longer” says Amerplast CEO Borge Kvamme. ”The reduction of food waste throughout the entire value chain is the right thing to do and will continue to give our customers superior commercial advantages”.
For more information:
Børge Kvamme, CEO
Tel.: +358 50 567 95 45
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: