Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Integrated zipper system saves time and labor costs
Innovative hail protection net on the marketThe CMG Ideas Factory has launched an innovative and, above all, cost saving hail protection net for fruit cultivation. The modern system with integrated zipper allows quick opening and closing of the nets, so it takes only about 25 to 35 minutes to protect one hectare. According to the test results, the zipper system closes three times as fast compared to the conventional nets. In addition, for a whole row of trees only two security points are sufficient; at the beginning and at the end of the net. That means about 114 points instead of the traditional 2,200 per hectare. This leads to both great savings in time and costs for fruit growers.
The longevity of the fastening system suffers from the load distribution due to hail or snow, as does the security of the protection system. Thanks to this new solution, however, an even load distribution and thus long-term security is acquired. In addition, emptying of the nets can be carried out at any time and above all in a simple and secure manner. The use of lifting machinery is greatly reduced. Since CMG does not use reflective materials, it is child's play to open the hail protection nets to acquire the desired sunshine hours for the apples. As a secondary benefit of this product, protection of the fruit against birds and insects is also guaranteed.
The materials of the CMG hail protection nets are innovative and above all stable. From the first installation of the nets, the fruit grower saves a lot of time and money. In addition, there are also savings in the cost of lifts and mobile machines. The simple system allows the grower to close the hail protection nets himself, without any additional specialised personnel.
Useful product design
The CMG Ideas Factory is located in the heart of the fruit growing region of South Tyrol and is focused completely on agricultural solutions. In addition to the hail protection nets, the company also deals in solutions against wildlife interference, frost and intense sunlight, scatter damage, labor costs, snowfall and insect infestation. Thanks to a solid cooperation with specialized, licensed distribution partners, these modern protective solutions are now available throughout Europe.
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: