Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Potato giant Manor Fresh overcomes poor UK harvestAlthough Manor Fresh, the Lincolnshire-headquartered supplier of potatoes to retail giant Marks & Spencer, had a challenging market due to one of the worst harvests on record, in general turnover and profits have held firm.
The company, which employs more than 170 staff at its headquarters in Spalding, reported a slight drop in turnover to £ 59.2 million for the year up to 29 April 2017, down from £ 60.3 million the year before. Pre-tax profits stayed at £ 1.6 million.
According to Manor Fresh, the results come following the fourth smallest potato crop harvest in the country, going back to 1960. The estimated UK 2016 potato harvest totalled 5.2 million tons (compared to 5.4 million tons in 2015 and 5.7 million tons in 2014).
Insidermedia.com reports on how the company managed this challenging UK potato market environment effectively. It achieved this by collaborating closely with its growers and supply partners and was able to successfully maintain industry product and quality standards throughout the period.
[ 1 GBP = 1.138 Euros ]
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: