- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
- India: Geographical Indication tag for Shahi litchi
- Illegal imports of fruit and vegetables affecting Balochistan farmers
- Philippines: Stronger promotion of indigenous exotic fruits
- UK reliance on Spanish horticulture is a fact
- China: Online trade of fresh produce increased by 23.5% in first half of 2018
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Pakistan: Smaller mandarin sizes cause problems for exporters
"The sizes most available in a 10kg box are 70, 80, 90 and 100, with less availability for 54 and 60 sizes, and a short supply of 42 and 48 sizes. This has caused some difficulties because most Asian and Middle Eastern countries want at least 54 and 60, with a preference for 42 and 48," explained Mr. Sadiq.
The situation is causing difficulties for Pakistani exporters across the board for the 2018 season. This time of year is usually a very profitable one with the Chinese New Year, however, the Asian markets want the larger sizes because giving mandarins oranges during the holiday is seen as a show of status. However, the shortage of availability of Chinese supply has eased the pressure a bit, after short rainfalls caused their citrus to be a smaller caliber as well.
"Despite the problem with sizes, the crop is healthy and of good quality, with no skin defects." assured Sadiq.
The peak season for kinnow mandarins in Pakistan lasts from the 20th of December through to the 15th of February.
For more information:
Tel: +92 3333 53 5555
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 First Oronule clementines arrive in UK this weekend
- 10/19/2018 OP Red CoP starts the Limone Primofiore marketing campaign
- 10/19/2018 "The harvest schedule of Spanish citrus could change in the future"
- 10/19/2018 Spain: "Citrus fruits overcome productive dip of previous campaign"
- 10/19/2018 China: Guang'an lemon exports to Indonesia for the first time
- 10/19/2018 China drives record season for Australian citrus growers
- 10/18/2018 Sunkist launching marketing programs
- 10/18/2018 US: Citrus canker spreads through Louisiana
- 10/17/2018 "Going for China without good planning just because it pays well is very risky"
- 10/17/2018 Texas grapefruit grower launches new trade newsletter
- 10/17/2018 Citrus shipper launches limited edition label for Florida citrus
- 10/17/2018 US: Asian citrus psyllids found in Kern County
- 10/16/2018 Late Southern Hemisphere mandarins pushing Spain's earliest ones away from the market
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Good prospects in terms of volume for Castellon's citrus fruits
- 10/16/2018 China: Price differential between domestic and imported fruit shrinking
- 10/16/2018 China: Shiyan mandarins on the market in the next two weeks
- 10/16/2018 North American lemon supplies return to normal
- 10/15/2018 USDA Citrus forecast October
- 10/15/2018 Australian orange exports increasing
- 10/15/2018 Citrus Research Board announces interim president