- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our systems are making producers more interesting as employers"
- Canadian grocers & innovators want to save $31 billion in food from being dumped each year
- WRAP signposts way towards sustainable use of plastics
- Greenhouse production changes to boost wintertime yields
- Tomato suspension agreement between US Department of Commerce and Mexican tomato growers remains in effect
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Program for 11th edition of Interpoma released
- ‘Imported tomatoes from Mexico worth $4.8 billion to US economy’
- Agreement reached for the export of citrus fruit to China by air
- Researchers in Costa Rica create a tomato that is resistant to yellow leaf curl virus
- Sainsbury’s: like-for-like retail sales marginally up in first half
No problems expected for export tomatoes to Russia in 2018
Azerbaijan may grant subsidies for tomato export
In 2017, Azerbaijan was accused by Russian officials of re-exporting -the embargoed- Turkish tomatoes to Russia. But these unjust accusations had been disproven, according to Aliyev.
So in 201 there should be no serious problems with the export of tomatoes to Russia, and if problems should arise, the Customs Committee will be ready to solve them.
Recently, President IIham Aliyev, opened a new greenhouse in Baku Agropark, which covers 11 hectares for the cultivation of tomatoes. The first phase of this tomato greenhouse project in Azerbaijan was started by the Dutch greenhouse construction company, Debets Schalke on December 2016. Last July, this project was completed and cultivation started.
According to an azernews article, tomatoes were the main (non-oil) export product of 2017; the total volume of purchases on foreign markets amounted to $ 151.6 million.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 “Kiwi fruit production is becoming more and more important for Greek growers”
- 2018-11-16 Russia: Unusual drop of fruit and veg prices in October
- 2018-11-16 Egyptian e-commerce platform raises $700,000 investments
- 2018-11-16 Half of Romanians choose to buy “Made in Romania” products
- 2018-11-16 Turkey: 2018 annual agricultural projections have been updated
- 2018-11-15 'Availability of tomatoes grew, prices frequently dropped'
- 2018-11-15 France: "There will be a shortage of ceps for Christmas"
- 2018-11-15 Lebanon's route to Gulf markets choked by politics
- 2018-11-15 ‘No quick resolution in view for US-China trade war’
- 2018-11-15 Saint Lucia ready to launch Import Substitution Programme
- 2018-11-14 Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- 2018-11-14 Baden-Württemberg: Harvest year characterized by dry summer
- 2018-11-14 China signs fresh produce MoU with Caribbean region
- 2018-11-14 "Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"
- 2018-11-14 Poland courting East Africa as trade partner
- 2018-11-14 Kenya horticulture export earnings growing
- 2018-11-14 Namibia food imports still sky-high
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Annual agricultural production projections for 2018 have been updated
- 2018-11-13 Pink Lady Day at Mazzoni Group
- 2018-11-12 ‘Kyrgyzstan cannot fully meet the needs of the domestic market’