- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
- Morocco/Spain: Increase in the number of Moroccan seasonal workers in Andalusia
- Cameroon: Historic decline in banana exports
- Global food security improvements projected to be largest in Asia
- ''Proportion of Class 1 grade apples increased by pneumatic defoliation''
- Demand on cooking bananas about to increase sharply
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Amazon set to acquire 9.5% stake in Future Retail
- UK Prime Minister May introduces Brexit 'business councils'
- US: University of Florida citrus greening research gets $3.5 million grant
- "Hopefully, these lower top fruit prices will lay the foundation for Spring"
- Truckload of watermelons served to marathoners, family and friends
Hot jalapeños did not hide weed smell
Cannabis shipments intercepted in Texas
Last week, U.S. agents performed a routine inspection of a cargo truck that transported jalapeño peppers through the World Trade Bridge in Laredo, Texas.
When a CBP officer referred a tractor trailer hauling a shipment of jalapeño peppers for a secondary inspection, the authorities discovered a total of 1,341 packages of marijuana hidden in the cargo, weighing 2,300 kgs, abasto.com reported. This shipment of marijuana had an estimated street value of 1 million dollars.
But a few days earlier, Customs and Border Protection agents at the Pharr International Bridge in Texas had also discovered marijuana, this time hidden in a shipment of cucumbers. Here, among the cucumbers, they found 285 packages of marijuana weighing 360 kgs. These narcotics had an estimated street value of 158,000 dollars.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-15 China: Price of wax gourds increased
- 2018-11-15 Brazil authorizes entry of Peruvian pomegranates
- 2018-11-15 Costa Rica: Avocado producers and Government prepare National Avocado Plan
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Pitaya cultivation gaining ground in Malaga
- 2018-11-15 China: Pomelo price drops by over 60%
- 2018-11-15 California bitter melon still on the move
- 2018-11-15 “Sales will start when the Greek kiwifruit is out of the market”
- 2018-11-14 "We have been able to reconcile the parts that make up this great industry"
- 2018-11-14 Colombian exotic fruits for European markets
- 2018-11-14 Zespri extending its season of SunGold kiwifruit
- 2018-11-14 Easy peel avocado launched in the UK
- 2018-11-14 Indian pomegranate exports likely to run into trade roadblocks
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Fig exports have surpassed 300 million USD
- 2018-11-14 New Zealand case: International rip-off or innocent abroad?
- 2018-11-13 Mexico: Avocado producers on strike due to lower prices
- 2018-11-13 Ecuador can export tree tomatoes to the United States
- 2018-11-13 Good expectations for the export of fresh soursop from Ecuador
- 2018-11-13 NZ: Kiwifruit orchards being sold, Seeka selling $16 million worth of orchards
- 2018-11-13 Persimmon drying season in Japan: What a view
- 2018-11-09 Italy: Fresh pineapples from the DR thanks to air transportation