- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Saudis select 30 Indian labs that may approve produce for import
- Egypt - “We aim to export 5,000 tons of sweet potato next year”
- Patart, multicolored original potatoes from Swiss soil
- Europe’s largest retailer teams up with IBM
- Globally innovative Dutch agricultural equipment company shines at iFresh Fair
Top 5 -last week
Banana prices on the rise in Ukraine
In a week, the price of the fruit in the wholesale market has become about 16% more expensive, which means that the current price oscillates from 34 to 40 hryvnia per kilo (about 0.96 to 1.13 Euro per kilo). Compared with the same period of the previous year, the price has more than doubled.
International market experts assume that the sharp increase in banana prices is a consequence of a fall in the world harvest. After all, the countries that are currently the main producers report that production has dropped by 18-20%, mostly as a result of unfavourable weather conditions.
Furthermore, expert Tatyana Getman believes that the devaluation of the hryvnia has further contributed to the rise in banana prices. It is reported that bananas are the only product that has not ceased to record price increases after the New Year and Christmas holidays.
It should be noted that Ukraine annually imports between 200,000 and 300,000 tonnes of bananas. Interestingly, 90% of the total is purchased from Ecuador. The demand for banana products on the territory of Ukraine increases with the onset of the spring period. According to statistics, bananas reach the most expensive prices in the first months of spring (March and April).
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-15 Chiquita shares its efforts of recycling bananas
- 2018-11-15 Honduras: Banana exports will exceed 32 million boxes
- 2018-11-15 Philippines: Banana industry lobbying South Korea for tax-free imports
- 2018-11-14 Banana exports from Laos to China fell by 184.04% this year
- 2018-11-14 Cameroon: Historic decline in banana exports
- 2018-11-14 Peru: BOS plans to export 8.2 million kilos of bananas
- 2018-11-14 China: Price of bananas in Nanning, Guangxi, slowly warms up
- 2018-11-14 Demand on cooking bananas about to increase sharply
- 2018-11-14 California: Chiquita renews contract with Port of Hueneme
- 2018-11-13 Saving the banana from worldwide disease
- 2018-11-13 Banana farm inspections to ease SPS compliance worries
- 2018-11-13 Philippines trails its peers in all crops except for pineapple and banana
- 2018-11-12 China: Large volume of bananas held up at Mengkang Port
- 2018-11-12 China: Banana price still high in November despite fluctuations
- 2018-11-12 Cameroon: significant decline in banana exports
- 2018-11-12 UK: Man accused of stealing over £120,000 worth of bananas
- 2018-11-09 China: Why the price of imported bananas suddenly increased by 20%?
- 2018-11-09 Mexico: Chiapas exports plantain to Canada
- 2018-11-09 Cameroon banana exports fell by 13,394t in September-October
- 2018-11-08 "Supplies of bananas good…for now"