- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- UF/IFAS scientists use fungus to manage Asian citrus psyllid
- China: Vegetable supply going up - but prices are falling
- 'Scarcity of gourmet mushrooms due to the hot summer' '
- 2018 California Walnut Objective Measurement Report
- A.P. Moller - Maersk takes next steps in integration to improve customer experience
Top 5 -last week
"India: "Farmers let tomato crop rot as middlemen cheat"
In the current system, it is not farmers but middlemen who get the benefits and the profits. Farmers who cultivated the crop, sometimes don’t even get their investments back.
The middlemen are offering Rs 2 [0.03 USD] per kilo to farmers who bring tomatoes to the market, but they sell the tomatoes for Rs 6 [0.09 USD] to Rs 10 [0.16 USD] per kilo in the open market.
With such low prices, farmers don't think it is worthwhile to harvest the crop, or, if they do, they feed it to their cattle.
Read more at the Deccan Chronicle
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Mexico starts with butternut squash
- 10/17/2018 The rise of vegan and veggie - 85% more sales compared to last year
- 10/16/2018 From knife and boots to the excitement of the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Consistent supply of West Coast spinach
- 10/16/2018 “Short and interesting sweet potato season from the US”
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: 80% of tomatoes from Formosa lost due to Paraguay's blockade
- 10/16/2018 Swiss lamb's lettuce season picks up speed
- 10/16/2018 ''Great development potential for novel lettuce variety Chicarita''
- 10/16/2018 China: Increase of 1-3 yuan for "people's vegetables" in Xiamen
- 10/16/2018 "Current Chinese garlic price slightly lower than same time last year"
- 10/16/2018 Artichoke grower launches fall promotion program
- 10/16/2018 Pumpkin production continues to roll strong
- 10/16/2018 Tomatoes NZ agroecology projects hoping to reduce the need for pest-reducing chemicals
- 10/15/2018 US: Demand for bell peppers on the rise
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress - a power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 China: Peppers in abundance
- 10/15/2018 China: Red choy sum on the market one month early
- 10/15/2018 China: How will bumper harvest of leeks affect the price?
- 10/15/2018 Baja green bean supplies to be short after Hurricane Rosa
- 10/15/2018 Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses