Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Atlanta Poland’s net profit down over 49% in first half of 2017/18 campaignAccording to preliminary data, in the first half of the 2017/2018 financial year, i.e. in the period from 1 July 2017 to 31 December 2017, Atlanta Poland's net sales revenues amounted to PLN 124,695 thousand (about 30.08 million Euro), i.e. 23.7% more than in the corresponding period of the financial year 2016/2017, and achieved a net profit of approximately PLN 875 thousand (about 211,083 Euro), i.e. 49.7% lower than the net profit achieved in the same period of the financial year 2016/2017.
In the opinion of the Management Board of Atlanta Poland SA, the factor that had the greatest impact on the deterioration of the company's net financial result, despite a significant increase in sales, was a drop in the profitability of the operations. The gross sales margin index decreased from 17.0% in the first half of the financial year 2016/2017 to 14.2% in the first half of the financial year 2017/2018.
This reduction was mainly the result of two factors: changes in the prices of some raw materials and the strengthening of the PLN against the USD over the last 12 months. Furthermore, in the first half of the financial year 2017/2018, the company recorded a higher level of financial costs, which reached approximately PLN 440 thousand (about 106,144 Euro).
Publication date: 1/30/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: