- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- "More and more Moroccan growers switch due to good demand for organic"
- FFVA’s Stuart to trade commission: Florida growers still suffering
- Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- China: Pomelo price drops by over 60%
Polish raspberry production fell by 23% in 2017
"Poland's biggest competitor on the world market is Serbia, because this country, like Poland, is specialised in the production of raspberries for processing. Also, Serbia is a global leader in the production of frozen raspberries. It is worth noting that the raspberry harvest in Serbia begins earlier than in Poland and if there is a high production there, it usually pushes the prices of raw materials down in our country," adds Anna Kitala.
Poland's production shows a clear upward trend. While in the years 2004-2006 the volume amounted to an average of 58 thousand tonnes, and the acreage devoted to its cultivation was estimated at 16 thousand hectares, in the years 2014-2016, the volumes averaged around 111 thousand tonnes and the acreage reached 28.3 thousand hectares.
According to the Central Statistical Office, the raspberry harvest in Poland in 2017 amounted to approximately 100,000 tonnes, i.e. it dropped by 23% (29 thousand tonnes) compared with 2016. This drop in production was mainly due to the weaker yield of autumn raspberries. Moreover, their quality also deteriorated.
"As with other berries in Poland, most raspberries went to processing plants. Despite the fall in the production volume, the purchase price of these fruits was on average 4.4 PLN/kg (about 1.06 Euro), which was 15% lower (by 0.8 PLN / kg) than in 2016. The reason for the lower price was the fall in the price of frozen raspberries from Serbia on the global market, which was a consequence of their larger supply," says the BGŻ BNP Paribas expert.
In its report on the Fruit and Vegetable Market from December 2017, IERiGŻ estimates that the production of frozen raspberries in Poland in the 2017/18 season amounted to approximately 55-60 thousand tonnes, compared to 70,000 tonnes in the previous season. The volume exported in the current season could reach 58 thousand tonnes, i.e. 12% lower than in the previous season.
Production of concentrated raspberry juice is, in turn, estimated at approximately 4 thousand tonnes, which is the same as in the previous season.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 “Belgian growers in dire straits, but entire European fruit sector is suffering”
- 2018-11-20 Italy: Agreement for marketing of the Tessa apple
- 2018-11-19 Vietnam: fruits coming from every country but Italy
- 2018-11-19 Didn't visit Interpoma 2018? Check the FreshPlaza photo gallery!
- 2018-11-14 Greeks extend European grape season
- 2018-11-13 Poland: Free apples handed out in Warsaw and Lublin
- 2018-11-12 First impressions on the Italian kiwi season
- 2018-11-09 India – Decline in apple imports 9 percent year-on-year - pear imports 4 percent
- 2018-11-09 Waking sleeping plants with plasmas
- 2018-11-07 Large Moldovan fruit producer launches brand for apple exports
- 2018-11-07 Ukraine: Shortage drives pear prices up one a half times
- 2018-11-07 AU: Queensland research leads to new strawberry varieties
- 2018-11-07 Egypt’s agricultural exports up to 4.4 million tons
- 2018-11-07 New Zealand: 2018-2019 apple acreage forecast to be up 3 percent at 9,700 hectares
- 2018-11-07 Premium apple varieties drive sales
- 2018-11-06 Good retail relationships and quality will carry South African grapes through the season
- 2018-11-06 Punjab Food Authority: Do not print pictures of fruit on packaging
- 2018-11-06 Chile: 4.2 percent decrease in apple exports 2018/19
- 2018-11-06 Canada: 14 percent increase in apple production for MY 2018/19
- 2018-11-05 Austrian fruit farmers fight against 'unfair' price ratios