- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Bill approved to standardise organics in Russia
According to Sergei Korshunov, Chairman of the Board for the Union of Organic Agriculture; "The law on organic farming will allow conscientious agricultural producers to distance themselves from falsification and give more assurance to consumers that they are buying quality organic products. This move also helps us come one step closer to becoming the largest producer and exporter of organic products in the world."
A lack of suitable land is something that has been a challenge for the growth of organic production in other parts of the world, but this is not the case for Russia. According to Evromonitor, more than 20 million hectares of land have not received agrochemicals for more than 3 years and may be suitable for introduction into circulation as organic.
According to the Union of Organic Agriculture, there are now about 70 certified agricultural producers in Russia. Of these, 39 in the field of crop production, 9 in livestock, and 3 produce wild plants. Current organic production spans approximately 246,000 hectares and is worth USD $120 mln. Organic producers who follow the farm to fork model, have been seeing good returns.
Currently, more than 90% of the certified organic products in Russia are imported.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Availability of organic products on the rise in Bulgaria
- 10/11/2018 Organic Grower Summit announces second education session
- 10/11/2018 How organic agriculture in Cuba saved its population from hunger
- 10/10/2018 Fresh produce supplier announces organic asparagus program
- 10/09/2018 Vietnam: US$130 million invested in organic fruit farming zone
- 10/09/2018 Ukraine keeps expanding organic acreage
- 10/09/2018 Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures
- 10/08/2018 Trademark protection for EU organic logo expires
- 10/08/2018 Organic sector calls for clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- 10/01/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 09/27/2018 NOW Organic launches fresh organic juices
- 09/27/2018 Organic greens, E-commerce, Big Data and the Internet of Things
- 09/27/2018 South Africa: Woolworths removes organic baby spinach from shelves
- 09/26/2018 Upper Austria: 20 percent of growers farms are 'organic'
- 09/26/2018 Year-round organic avocado program launched
- 09/25/2018 Cambodia: Khmer Organic & Heifer to build up organic agriculture
- 09/21/2018 Organic edible flowers in pots: maximized freshness at one's fingertips
- 09/20/2018 Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- 09/20/2018 Italy: Demand increasing for organic sprouts
- 09/20/2018 France: "There is a serious shortage in organic producers"