Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Flex Door for tropical fruit ripening roomsThe world's leading supplier of gastight doors, BG Door International, introduces a new version of their Flex Door: a door suitable for ripening bananas and other tropical fruits. The worldwide growing demand for tropical fruits, such as avocados and mangoes, drives up the demand for storage and ripening rooms for these particular fruits. With their current Flex Door ensuring gastight ripening rooms for bananas, BG Door International decided to modify this type of door making it suitable for storage and ripening of other tropical fruits too. Next to this, the optimized Flex Door ensures condensation free storage and will be available in many standard colours. BG Door International will showcase their new generation Flex Door at FRUIT LOGISTICA 2018 in Berlin next month.
“We already have a door specially designed for the storage and ripening of bananas, why not optimize this one for other types of fruit?” Managing Director of BG Door International Jan van Kessel questioned. The rising demand of ripened avocados, kiwis, mangoes and papayas pushed new business developments within the ripening room expert. In close collaboration with ripening specialists they have created an optimized version of their Flex Door. Next to being in control of the ripening process of bananas, BG Door International is now in control of the ripening process of avocados, kiwi’s, mangoes and papayas.
Flex Door 3.0
The new generation Flex Door which BG Door International is introducing has some significant advantages. The big difference compared to the previous version is the various temperature adaption. By making use of new technology, the temperature in the ripening rooms can be altered between high and low, without creating condensation. Leon Hooghart, Technical Director at BG Door International explains: “Compared to bananas, tropical fruits need both higher and lower temperatures and bigger differences in temperature in order to store and ripen optimally. Hence a higher level of thermal insulation was required of our Flex Doors”. Instead of one single tarp, the optimized Flex Door is equipped with two tarps with a stationary layer of air as insulation.
Further details on the Flex door:
• Optimum gas tightness by special track system
• Air space insulation
• Suitable for limited aisle space
• In many standard colours available
Gastight Flex Door for single tier ripening room
Innovating for optimum results in fruit cooling and ripening
The new generation Flex Door did not come as a surprise. With some technical adjustments and new features their current Flex Door was made suitable for ripening of tropical fruits. This allowed BG Door International to broaden their range of gastight doors, strengthening their leading position in gastight doors for ripening. “Whether it is technical improvements or new market entries, we are always looking for ways to innovate and keeping track of changes in the market. Flexibility and innovation are key ingredients for business success” says Van Kessel. Last year they introduced the Mobile Precool Unit – an energy efficient solution to rapidly cool down soft fruit and vegetables. And many of these units found their way to companies drying ginger. With their innovative spirit they hold true to their cause: making sure you’re always in control of your ripening.
FRUIT LOGISTICA Berlin 2018
BG Door International will demonstrate their new Flex Door in their booth at the upcoming FRUIT LOGISTICA exhibition in Berlin from February 7-9. A demo version will be shown at hall 3.2, stand B03. BG Door International will be present with a team of experts to get into detail and give further information on their various fruit cooling and ripening products.
For more information:
BG Door International
2991 LK Barendrecht
Tel: +31 880 285 300
Mob: +31 653 806 060
Publication date: 1/30/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: