- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
New Flex Door for tropical fruit ripening rooms
“We already have a door specially designed for the storage and ripening of bananas, why not optimize this one for other types of fruit?” Managing Director of BG Door International Jan van Kessel questioned. The rising demand of ripened avocados, kiwis, mangoes and papayas pushed new business developments within the ripening room expert. In close collaboration with ripening specialists they have created an optimized version of their Flex Door. Next to being in control of the ripening process of bananas, BG Door International is now in control of the ripening process of avocados, kiwi’s, mangoes and papayas.
Flex Door 3.0
The new generation Flex Door which BG Door International is introducing has some significant advantages. The big difference compared to the previous version is the various temperature adaption. By making use of new technology, the temperature in the ripening rooms can be altered between high and low, without creating condensation. Leon Hooghart, Technical Director at BG Door International explains: “Compared to bananas, tropical fruits need both higher and lower temperatures and bigger differences in temperature in order to store and ripen optimally. Hence a higher level of thermal insulation was required of our Flex Doors”. Instead of one single tarp, the optimized Flex Door is equipped with two tarps with a stationary layer of air as insulation.
Further details on the Flex door:
• Optimum gas tightness by special track system
• Air space insulation
• Suitable for limited aisle space
• In many standard colours available
Gastight Flex Door for single tier ripening room
Innovating for optimum results in fruit cooling and ripening
The new generation Flex Door did not come as a surprise. With some technical adjustments and new features their current Flex Door was made suitable for ripening of tropical fruits. This allowed BG Door International to broaden their range of gastight doors, strengthening their leading position in gastight doors for ripening. “Whether it is technical improvements or new market entries, we are always looking for ways to innovate and keeping track of changes in the market. Flexibility and innovation are key ingredients for business success” says Van Kessel. Last year they introduced the Mobile Precool Unit – an energy efficient solution to rapidly cool down soft fruit and vegetables. And many of these units found their way to companies drying ginger. With their innovative spirit they hold true to their cause: making sure you’re always in control of your ripening.
FRUIT LOGISTICA Berlin 2018
BG Door International will demonstrate their new Flex Door in their booth at the upcoming FRUIT LOGISTICA exhibition in Berlin from February 7-9. A demo version will be shown at hall 3.2, stand B03. BG Door International will be present with a team of experts to get into detail and give further information on their various fruit cooling and ripening products.
For more information:
BG Door International
2991 LK Barendrecht
Tel: +31 880 285 300
Mob: +31 653 806 060
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Mangoes from July to December if the right varieties are planted
- 10/16/2018 Two new varieties in the EAT ME fresh kit range
- 10/12/2018 PapaMango, the Sicilian mango
- 10/12/2018 Bali: Ready to export dragon fruits
- 10/11/2018 ‘Avo prices have hit their peak, supply continues to skyrocket’
- 10/11/2018 Greece: “Our aim is to double our kiwi capacity”
- 10/10/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/10/2018 Vietnamese farmers victims of dragon fruit price drop
- 10/10/2018 Mexico: Mango exports to the US decline due to the rains
- 10/10/2018 Which demographics differentiate Hispanic avocado shoppers from Non-Hispanics?
- 10/09/2018 Chapaya - palm fruit with a meaty edge
- 10/09/2018 AU: Papaya growers experiencing record crop this spring
- 10/08/2018 Vietnam’s Central Highlands encouraged to expand avocado farming
- 10/05/2018 "Currently not much money to be made with pineapples and limes"
- 10/05/2018 Colombia: Hass avocados, Limes, and pineapples for Peru
- 10/05/2018 Thailand: New Zealand avocado season takes off
- 10/05/2018 Avanza to debut in China
- 10/04/2018 "We were able to develop this traceability system thanks to our background as a mango grower in Australia"
- 10/04/2018 Overview of avocado pricing in the US
- 10/04/2018 “Mango market could be headed for a good end of the year”