- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Taiwanese persimmon production volume greatly increased
- USDA: European apple, pear and table grape production significantly increased
- "Longevity due to high tear resistance, UV stability and weather resistance"
- Program for 11th edition of Interpoma released
- Trade in non-warehouse Fuji apples coming to an end
Objecting to last week's blanket avocado export ban
Kenyan avocado farmers move to court
James Mwangi and Fredrick Munyua filed the case on Monday, arguing that the ban has rendered thousands of families without a source of livelihood. The Attorney General, Agriculture CS and Agriculture and Food Authority are listed as the respondents. Kenya is the world's sixth largest producer of avocados.
"The AFA last week issued a blanket ban on the export of the Fuerte and Hass varieties of avocados to the detriment of the applicants and small-scale avocado farmers. Hence the petitioners and small-scale avocado farmers are in real danger of becoming destitute, they said in their application.
“We have stopped the export of Fuerte and Hass varieties because traders would ship out immature crop due to high demand in the world market. We are going to lift the ban next month, once harvesting starts,” Josephine Simiyu, head of Regulations and Compliance at HCD said to The Star.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-15 China: Price of wax gourds increased
- 2018-11-15 Brazil authorizes entry of Peruvian pomegranates
- 2018-11-15 Costa Rica: Avocado producers and Government prepare National Avocado Plan
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Pitaya cultivation gaining ground in Malaga
- 2018-11-15 China: Pomelo price drops by over 60%
- 2018-11-15 California bitter melon still on the move
- 2018-11-15 “Sales will start when the Greek kiwifruit is out of the market”
- 2018-11-14 "We have been able to reconcile the parts that make up this great industry"
- 2018-11-14 Colombian exotic fruits for European markets
- 2018-11-14 Zespri extending its season of SunGold kiwifruit
- 2018-11-14 Easy peel avocado launched in the UK
- 2018-11-14 Indian pomegranate exports likely to run into trade roadblocks
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Fig exports have surpassed 300 million USD
- 2018-11-14 New Zealand case: International rip-off or innocent abroad?
- 2018-11-13 Mexico: Avocado producers on strike due to lower prices
- 2018-11-13 Ecuador can export tree tomatoes to the United States
- 2018-11-13 Good expectations for the export of fresh soursop from Ecuador
- 2018-11-13 NZ: Kiwifruit orchards being sold, Seeka selling $16 million worth of orchards
- 2018-11-13 Persimmon drying season in Japan: What a view
- 2018-11-09 Italy: Fresh pineapples from the DR thanks to air transportation