- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Bananas are a luxury in Europe
Mr. Biles explains how Chiquita differs in the operation of the farms, striving to control quality, from cultivation to food retail sales.
Customers want bananas that are flawless and have no spots. The Germans are, like the Americans, quite demanding. One kilo of bananas are bought for one euro, whereas apples can currently cost around 3 euros per kilo. The banana is an important product in retail. For a product that has come so far and that meets all the requirements of sustainable farming that customers demand, it would not be strange if the price should increase further.
Read the full interview here.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-15 Chiquita shares its efforts of recycling bananas
- 2018-11-15 Honduras: Banana exports will exceed 32 million boxes
- 2018-11-15 Philippines: Banana industry lobbying South Korea for tax-free imports
- 2018-11-14 Banana exports from Laos to China fell by 184.04% this year
- 2018-11-14 Cameroon: Historic decline in banana exports
- 2018-11-14 Peru: BOS plans to export 8.2 million kilos of bananas
- 2018-11-14 China: Price of bananas in Nanning, Guangxi, slowly warms up
- 2018-11-14 Demand on cooking bananas about to increase sharply
- 2018-11-14 California: Chiquita renews contract with Port of Hueneme
- 2018-11-13 Saving the banana from worldwide disease
- 2018-11-13 Banana farm inspections to ease SPS compliance worries
- 2018-11-13 Philippines trails its peers in all crops except for pineapple and banana
- 2018-11-12 China: Large volume of bananas held up at Mengkang Port
- 2018-11-12 China: Banana price still high in November despite fluctuations
- 2018-11-12 Cameroon: significant decline in banana exports
- 2018-11-12 UK: Man accused of stealing over £120,000 worth of bananas
- 2018-11-09 China: Why the price of imported bananas suddenly increased by 20%?
- 2018-11-09 Mexico: Chiapas exports plantain to Canada
- 2018-11-09 Cameroon banana exports fell by 13,394t in September-October
- 2018-11-08 "Supplies of bananas good…for now"