Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bananas are a luxury in EuropeAndrew Biles, CEO of Chiquita Bananas & Pineapples, in an interview with Wiwo about the banana trade in Germany, told of how the TR4 fungus threatens cultivation and how Chiquita works as a sustainable business enterprise.
Mr. Biles explains how Chiquita differs in the operation of the farms, striving to control quality, from cultivation to food retail sales.
Customers want bananas that are flawless and have no spots. The Germans are, like the Americans, quite demanding. One kilo of bananas are bought for one euro, whereas apples can currently cost around 3 euros per kilo. The banana is an important product in retail. For a product that has come so far and that meets all the requirements of sustainable farming that customers demand, it would not be strange if the price should increase further.
Read the full interview here.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: