Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rwandan horticulture exporter gets GLOBALG.A.P certificationLocal Rwandan horticulture exporter, Nature Fresh Foods export has received the global certification for meeting agricultural best practices and standards. Sporting the GLOBALG.A.P certification, this firm will now find it easier to export its produce across the world without any limitations. It is the second Rwandan horticulture firm to receive the certification.
Without such reassurance, farmers and exporters may be denied access to some markets, said Ben Mugisha, founder and CEO of Nature Fresh Foods. For any firm that wants to engage in global horticulture trade, the certification is a must-have, he claimed, adding that the certification will give them a competitive advantage, enabling the company to penetrate more international markets.
According to a newtimes.co.rw article, Nature Fresh Foods is one of Rwanda’s main exporters of horticulture products, exporting to the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France and Belgium. “Previously, when we didn’t have this standards certification, the company was always struggling to get reliable customers,” Mugisha said after receiving the certificate.
Of the vegetables processed and exported by Nature Fresh Foods, three products were certified – beans, chillies and aubergine grown at a farm in Bugesera District.
Publication date: 1/30/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: