- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Gladstone Land acquires two orchards in California for $6.9 million
- Argentina to import Tahiti limes from Colombia
- Vietnam: Vinh Phuc province exports first red flesh dragon fruits to Australia
- Poland: “Workers are demanding a very high salary for the harvest of apples”
- Iceland to stop selling plastic-packaged bananas
Top 5 -last week
Produce exporters hope to profit
Brexit might be advantageous for Kenya
Currently, the UK is Kenya’s second-most important export destination in Europe. Kenya accounts for almost 30% of England’s fresh produce and 56% of the black tea market. After Brexit, Kenya will have an opportunity to increase exports and even introduce more products if its sanitary conditions are not only improved but also trusted.
The UK is committed to focus on the private sector in Africa as it becomes more bilateral. The private sector faces many obstacles in Africa -including inadequate government regulation, restrictive policies, poor infrastructure, skills shortages, trade restrictions, tariff and non-tariff barriers to African exports, etc.
A nation.co.ke article describes how the UK should support Africa’s and Kenya’s agriculture sector, especially in value chain improvement. Strengthening anti-corruption measures and enabling private sector growth, regional trade integration and free trade deals will usher an era of mutual benefit between Kenya and the UK.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Did Fresno Unified School district overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars?
- 10/17/2018 The challenges of the Agri-food sector
- 10/17/2018 Moving location of fruit and vegetables in shops can lead to 15% sales increase
- 10/17/2018 Costa Rica works hard to expand export trade with China
- 10/17/2018 'Hungarian vegetable harvest steady around 1.9 mln tons'
- 10/16/2018 Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
- 10/16/2018 Taiwan to expand trade with Turkey
- 10/16/2018 Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
- 10/16/2018 Minister Mwanamveka unhappy that Malawi is importing bananas
- 10/16/2018 Food products from Philippines aim for export to Russia
- 10/16/2018 Indonesian Minister of Agriculture Amran opens export market of mangosteen to Taiwan
- 10/16/2018 Syria: Souq al-Hal market starts to thrive again
- 10/15/2018 Wuppertal student develops 'storage ABC' for fruits and vegetables
- 10/15/2018 Pharr, Texas celebrates the start of the 2018-2019 produce season
- 10/15/2018 Deluge continues across south-east Queensland
- 10/12/2018 New US trade agreement just 'tip of the iceberg'
- 10/12/2018 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'
- 10/12/2018 Value of Turkish fruit and veg exports so far this year exceeds 1 billion dollars
- 10/11/2018 US: Most agricultural commodities neutral to profitable
- 10/10/2018 Morocco, Russia willing to set up tripartite partnership with Africa