Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Exports of Nepalese ginger to India comes to a halt
The India Customs Office’s claims of the Nepali ginger being substandard has got the farmers of the Ilam and Panchthar districts worried. Hundreds of trucks loaded with ginger are stranded along the Nepal-India border. Some trucks have already started making their way back.
Krishna Poudel of Biblyante, who is upset with the decision, accused the Indian side of disparaging the Nepali products on different pretexts. He claimed that their product has quality and is not adulterated, as claimed by the India side.
He told the Kathmandu Post about the times when he has had to bring back four trucks with ginger to his warehouse from Kakarvitta after Indian officials did not allow his passage.
Chairman of the Nepal Ginger Producers and Entrepreneurs Association, Narendra Khadka, has demanded his government take action to ensure the smooth export of Nepalese ginger to Indian markets.
Publication date: 1/30/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: