- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Algeria: Citrus production in Blida up by over 100% since 2000
In his presentation on the sector's results during the past year, Mr Qanis explained that the Citrus Production Division in the province has experienced a great development in recent years. The production volume has increased from 2,283,984 kantar in 2000 to 5,800,788 kantar last year.
The official attributed this development in the production to several factors, most importantly the resources provided to ensure the training of the producers, as well as the acquisition of advanced agricultural equipment, which has been possible thanks to the financial support provided to them.
Also, the rehabilitation and development program of the citrus sector, which resulted in the uprooting of old trees from the colonial period and their replacement with younger ones, contributed to improving the yield, which has risen from 136 quintals per hectare to 224 quintals, adds the source.
In this context, Mr Qanis pointed out that the majority of the agricultural land producing citrus is located around the municipality of Wadi Al-Alayq, which is the largest producer in the province, followed by the municipalities of Mouzaia, Chebli and Boufarik. The total acreage has also increased, from 12.480 hectares in 2000 to 17,495 hectares last year.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market
- 2018-11-12 Tunisia: Citrus production up 35% in Cap Bon
- 2018-11-09 China: Mandarin harvest from Linhai enters market in bulk
- 2018-11-09 China: Relatively good market prospects for Jinqiu Shatang tangerines
- 2018-11-09 Peru: Lime exports increased by 40% this year
- 2018-11-09 Plenty of small fruit in early California Navel crop
- 2018-11-09 Water restrictions, hot temperatures squeeze Arizona's lemon industry
- 2018-11-08 Agreement reached for the export of citrus fruit to China by air
- 2018-11-08 Argentina: Internal problems hamper the entry of citrus fruits to international markets
- 2018-11-08 "European chains forced to change their caliber requirements for lemons"
- 2018-11-08 New mandarin snacking stations aim to attract health-concious buyers
- 2018-11-08 Egypt: CIIE and Belt & Road initiative will open Chinese markets
- 2018-11-07 “Hurricane Irma causes lower volumes of Florida grapefruit until January”
- 2018-11-07 US: University of Florida citrus greening research gets $3.5 million grant
- 2018-11-06 Operational Group for Innovation currently being set up for citrus
- 2018-11-06 Spain: Wild boars eat thousands of kilos of mandarins