Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Altamura becomes a PO"We are proud of what we achieved. We changed our relationships with our suppliers. Roots that combine to grow together. Just like it happens in agriculture, when roots develop into good soil giving life to new plants," explains Alfonso Altamura, President of the brand-new Altamura PO.
OP Altamura currently gathers 13 businesses specialising in the cultivation of baby leaves in Piana del Sele (Pontecagnano Faiano, Bellizzi, Montecorvino Pugliano, Battipaglia and Eboli) covering 300 hectares of greenhouses in total, 20% of which dedicated to organic cultivation.
"Our objective is to strengthen the producer system creating a model that, thanks to our 20-year experience, can make our members grow."
A new image was associated with the creation of the PO. The logo derives from the A of Altamura. The project was developed by Agenzia Nju Comunicazione.
"We played with the curves of a leaf, referring to natural elements, which are the core of our PO. The pictogram also makes reference to a human figure, a sign of the importance people have within our organisation."
The new 3,000 square metre production warehouse is ready to become operative. "There will also be new offices, a meeting room, a staff training room, two new warehouses, three new packaging lines, two optical sorters, two new vacuum system areas as well as five unloading and four loading platforms. Everything will be arranged to optimise the cold chain and guarantee standards that are even higher."
The PO currently specialises in packed unwashed baby leaves but is considering new products and new markets. "We might consider other vegetables though, at the moment, we remain focused on our core business. The branding was designed precisely so it can be used for other products as well."
"98% of Altamura products are destined for export and things will remain so also within the PO. We will work with our trusted partners and establish new agreements when the new facility will become fully operative."
Altamura will also take part in Fruit Logistica 2018 (Berlin, 7th-9th February), in Hall 4.2 - Stand C-08 as a PO for the first time. The new packaging of the Autentica, Basic and Foglia Sublime will be displayed and the new identity and Selezione Oro packaging will be presented.
The new "Altamura, fiducia di natura" payoff is a tribute to the organisation's values: trust, genuineness, nature. "These are key elements that characterise our work and the relationship with our partners."
"We chose a colourful packaging to appeal to younger customers. In addition, we will try to use colour ranges based on product lines. Packaging can look very similar in the packed unwashed segment and we're trying to stand out."
Alfonso, Fabio and Giuseppe Altamura will welcome guests in Berlin together with sales manager Alfredo De Santis and marketing manager Fabrizio Todisco.
Pontecagnano Faiano (SA)
Publication date: 1/30/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: