Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bulgaria: Fruit and veg prices declining since start of 2018Fruit and vegetable prices have been declining since the beginning of 2018, according to data from the State Commission for Commodity Exchanges and Market Sourcing.
Based on the data published in the bulletin, it is understood that the wholesale price index has fallen to a level of 1,486 points in the past week, compared to the 1,499 points of the previous one.
For example, the wholesale price of apples has dropped by 7.4%, contributing to the reduction of the index. Meanwhile, the price of citrus fruits, like oranges and mandarins, has fallen by 1%.
Lettuce has also seen its price fall by about 5.1%. Cucumbers, however, have recorded a 3.3% increase, and carrots have also become almost 3% more expensive.
Publication date: 1/30/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: