- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Romania became more dependent on EU food imports in 2017
When it comes to vegetables, the domestic production was not enough to cover the demand, so the country imported products worth a total of 257.5 million Euro. The most valuable vegetables came from the Netherlands, where Romania made purchases worth 43.1 million Euro, followed by Germany, with imports worth 36 million Euro, and Hungary, with 26.2 million Euro. A year earlier, Romania purchased vegetables from other EU countries worth 233.8 million Euro.
Meanwhile, fruits also had a detrimental impact on Romania's trade balance with other Member States, as the total value of the purchases reached 421.1 million Euro. The top fruit suppliers for Romania are Greece, from which the country purchased 78.4 million Euro; the Netherlands, with 69.2 million Euro, and Poland, with 52.9 million Euro.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 “Kiwi fruit production is becoming more and more important for Greek growers”
- 2018-11-16 Russia: Unusual drop of fruit and veg prices in October
- 2018-11-16 Egyptian e-commerce platform raises $700,000 investments
- 2018-11-16 Half of Romanians choose to buy “Made in Romania” products
- 2018-11-16 Turkey: 2018 annual agricultural projections have been updated
- 2018-11-15 'Availability of tomatoes grew, prices frequently dropped'
- 2018-11-15 France: "There will be a shortage of ceps for Christmas"
- 2018-11-15 Lebanon's route to Gulf markets choked by politics
- 2018-11-15 ‘No quick resolution in view for US-China trade war’
- 2018-11-15 Saint Lucia ready to launch Import Substitution Programme
- 2018-11-14 Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- 2018-11-14 Baden-Württemberg: Harvest year characterized by dry summer
- 2018-11-14 China signs fresh produce MoU with Caribbean region
- 2018-11-14 "Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"
- 2018-11-14 Poland courting East Africa as trade partner
- 2018-11-14 Kenya horticulture export earnings growing
- 2018-11-14 Namibia food imports still sky-high
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Annual agricultural production projections for 2018 have been updated
- 2018-11-13 Pink Lady Day at Mazzoni Group
- 2018-11-12 ‘Kyrgyzstan cannot fully meet the needs of the domestic market’