- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Construction of new Zederik Groep building for cooling fruit and folding cardboard trays
- Cydiance concludes successful visit to Asia Fruit Logistica in Hong Kong
- US: Sweet potato pest causes North Carolina quarantine
- Autumn Glory apple production increases, year-round availability in sight
- Western Cape Court grants temporary relief in transfer of water use entitlements
Top 5 -last week
- Spar to develop its digital strategy
- Spain: Good prospects for Huelva's avocado campaign
- Costa Rica: Avocado producers and Government prepare National Avocado Plan
- “We help companies not represented in Asia minimize losses when their produce is rejected”
- Australia: Bright future for Sunraysia agriculture
Spain: Over 18,000 Moroccan seasonal workers will harvest Huelva's strawberries
A person in charge of the operation on the Spanish side told Efe that the exact number of temporary workers that will be hired for the first time this season is 10,914, to which another 7,137 already hired in previous years, and who are coming back, must be added.
The agreement, sponsored by the Spanish Ministry of Social Affairs, was signed by the main organizations of strawberry producers in Huelva and the Moroccan national employment agency (ANAPEC), which together are organising all the recruitment tasks in five locations in Morocco this week.
All candidates are required to be women, married and with children in their charge, so as to ensure their return to the country once the season is over, and they are also asked not to be older than 45, so they can handle the high physical demands of strawberry harvesting.
The pickers will start making the trip by boat from the port of Tangier on 1 February. There will be a first stage with those who have already participated in previous seasons, and a second stage for new workers starting on 20 March.
All the workers selected will be granted a temporary five month visa; enough to cover the whole strawberry season, as well as that of other berries (raspberries and blueberries).
The last seasonal worker recruitment operation took place in 2008, and since then the strawberry workers had done nothing but come back each campaign, so this year's operation is actually exceptional.
The Moroccan government has used this operation to create employment opportunities in depressed areas, mainly in the city of Uxda (far north-east of Morocco).
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-21 “The West consumes fruit, in the East fruit can also be a gift or an offering”
- 2018-11-20 “Belgian growers in dire straits, but entire European fruit sector is suffering”
- 2018-11-20 Italy: Agreement for marketing of the Tessa apple
- 2018-11-19 Vietnam: fruits coming from every country but Italy
- 2018-11-19 Didn't visit Interpoma 2018? Check the FreshPlaza photo gallery!
- 2018-11-14 Greeks extend European grape season
- 2018-11-13 Poland: Free apples handed out in Warsaw and Lublin
- 2018-11-12 First impressions on the Italian kiwi season
- 2018-11-09 India – Decline in apple imports 9 percent year-on-year - pear imports 4 percent
- 2018-11-09 Waking sleeping plants with plasmas
- 2018-11-07 Large Moldovan fruit producer launches brand for apple exports
- 2018-11-07 Ukraine: Shortage drives pear prices up one a half times
- 2018-11-07 AU: Queensland research leads to new strawberry varieties
- 2018-11-07 Egypt’s agricultural exports up to 4.4 million tons
- 2018-11-07 New Zealand: 2018-2019 apple acreage forecast to be up 3 percent at 9,700 hectares
- 2018-11-07 Premium apple varieties drive sales
- 2018-11-06 Good retail relationships and quality will carry South African grapes through the season
- 2018-11-06 Punjab Food Authority: Do not print pictures of fruit on packaging
- 2018-11-06 Chile: 4.2 percent decrease in apple exports 2018/19
- 2018-11-06 Canada: 14 percent increase in apple production for MY 2018/19