Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Africa: Avocado industry targeted by fruit thievesPeople from the Lowveld region should not buy avocados from vendors during the period November-March, since no avocados are harvested locally during these months. Those for sale may be stolen from orchards. Crime syndicates have set their sights on the Lowveld’s avocados. The thefts are fast becoming more sophisticated and are so extensive that farmers fear for the future of the industry.
People who buy avocados from vendors may be buying stolen goods.
After avocado farmers in the Brondal area expressed their frustration about the large-scale theft of their products, some of them spoke with The Lowvelder and aired the hope that greater public awareness of the issue might diminish the market for stolen fruit.
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: