- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- UK soft fruit grower consulting with staff
- Did Fresno Unified School district overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars?
- “Southern African citrus reached a record volume of production in 2018”
- Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- The Calinda strawberry launches at Fruit Attraction 2018
Egypt: Renewable energy proves a winner for pumpkin grower
"One of our main and most successful core crops is the pumpkin. Using renewable energy won’t just save money it will make our products much better positioned with our trading partners," explains Mr Soliman, General Manager at the company. "This will allow us, as producers, to present a premium to environmentally concerned consumers. Aside from trimming down that electric bill, solar power allows farm lands to be much more eco-friendly."
Pumpkins are becoming a fast-growing crop for export
"Our pumpkin range is high in quality and nutrients. It goes through numerous inspection stages, the pumpkin must meet crucial parameters such as freshness, purity, taste, maturity, and extended shelf life."
Oriental Trade Co is developing different types of pumpkins
• Muscat de provence pumpkin; their natural season runs from week 5 up to week 23.
• Hokkaido Pumpkin; their natural season runs from week 5 up to week 23.
• Butternut Squash; their natural season runs from week 5 up to week 23.
"We are able to grow any new varieties needed by customers / market. The art of growing pumpkins is a challenge for Oriental, we are using all the latest growing trends, which is why we are recognized for our high quality standards," says Mr Soliman.
Oriental Trade Co.
Mob : +20 10 1050 3491
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 “Mushrooms: wonderful products, but still so unknown”
- 10/23/2018 Mushrooms: Poland gaining more and more ground
- 10/23/2018 More knowledge of pumpkins needed to retain potential
- 10/23/2018 Lower Austria: potato, carrot and onion market in KW42
- 10/23/2018 Dutch greenhouse vegetables find their way abroad
- 10/23/2018 Exclusive truffles available nearly year-round
- 10/23/2018 “Chinese restaurant owners increasingly manage to find us”
- 10/23/2018 A Brazilian vegetable that can be successful even in Italy
- 10/23/2018 Hawaiian organic ginger sees growth as health food ingredient
- 10/23/2018 Canada: Hippie Snacks launches Cauliflower Crisps & Avocado Crisps
- 10/23/2018 Ghana pepper faces EU ban
- 10/23/2018 India: Growers see tomato prices drop below labor costs
- 10/22/2018 Albania: “Poland and Holland have finally discovered our potential”
- 10/22/2018 “Wild mushrooms continue to be special”
- 10/22/2018 Automation offers a future for mushroom production
- 10/22/2018 “Production oriented to demand is more profitable and responsible”
- 10/22/2018 "All of Europe on the market for cabbage"
- 10/22/2018 Outlook for the Sicilian aubergine campaign
- 10/22/2018 "We are harvesting mushrooms 365 days a year"
- 10/22/2018 "New ginger production season has begun, export volume is limited"