- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Chongming Island: First harvest of high-quality Jinsha oranges
- King Courgette launches new organic zucchini range in Europe
- Spain expects greater apple production but lower pear yield
- "Huge price gap between large and small-sized citrus fruits"
- Peru: "Companies who import blueberries from Peru will also buy our raspberries"
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Chile: TPS will export more than 150,000 tons of cherries to China
- Global food security improvements projected to be largest in Asia
- US (CA): Microgreens grower has been supplying restaurants for two decades
- Agri SA blasts recommendation to amend Constitution
- Cameroon: significant decline in banana exports
Vietnam post-harvest losses hinder export
Some 70% of Vietnam’s export fruit and vegetables are going to China, most of them fresh and unprocessed. Few of Vietnam’s fruit and vegetable exports went to South Korea, Japan, the United States or the European Union because of Vietnam’s limitations in storing and post-harvest processing.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations, Vietnam’s post-harvesting losses accounted for 10 % of rice production, 10-20 % of root and tuber crops, and 10-30 % of fruit and vegetables.
An article by vietnamnews.vn explains how in the Mekong Delta region – a major rice bowl for Vietnam, post-harvest rice losses were more than VNĐ 3 trillion ($ 132 million) a year, or 10-12 % of total rice production.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 Fresh specialty market with unpacked fruits and vegetables
- 2018-11-20 India: Vegetable prices decrease post festival season
- 2018-11-20 US: Minneapolis may adapt rules about healthy food convenience stores
- 2018-11-20 South Africa: Poor US fruit crop is good news for Pioneer
- 2018-11-19 Nigeria: Vegetable farmers in Lagos vow to enlarge yields
- 2018-11-19 Iranian imports overtake local produce in Iraqi city of Basra
- 2018-11-19 Spain: Murcian fruit and veg exports exceed 2.5 million tons
- 2018-11-19 Chile sets new record as export season to China comes to an end
- 2018-11-19 Indian Guwahati Airport starts direct clearance of air cargo
- 2018-11-19 Australia saves New Zealand from billion-dollar stink bug invasion
- 2018-11-16 “Kiwi fruit production is becoming more and more important for Greek growers”
- 2018-11-16 Russia: Unusual drop of fruit and veg prices in October
- 2018-11-16 Egyptian e-commerce platform raises $700,000 investments
- 2018-11-16 Half of Romanians choose to buy “Made in Romania” products
- 2018-11-16 Turkey: 2018 annual agricultural projections have been updated
- 2018-11-15 'Availability of tomatoes grew, prices frequently dropped'
- 2018-11-15 France: "There will be a shortage of ceps for Christmas"
- 2018-11-15 Lebanon's route to Gulf markets choked by politics
- 2018-11-15 ‘No quick resolution in view for US-China trade war’
- 2018-11-15 Saint Lucia ready to launch Import Substitution Programme