Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistani fruit & vegetables enter Afghanistan without testLast week it came to light that for the past two years fruit and vegetables from Pakistan have been imported to Afghanistan without the required quality tests.
Importers of fruit and vegetables from Pakistan use two types of phytosanitary certificates, documents approving the quality of fruit and vegetables. One type of the certificates, truck drivers say is fake. allow their imports to enter Afghanistan through Torkham Gate – the crossing between Afghanistan and Pakistan. One type of the certificates was announced invalid by Pakistani government two years ago.
TOLOnews speaks of videos showing some of the shady deals, on the certificates, being done freely between the brokers and drivers who want to cross the Torkham Gate towards Afghanistan. The footage shows that a number of Afghan government officials are also involved in dealings.
The Afghan Ministry of Agriculture says the institution will send an official letter to relevant Pakistani organizations to overcome the problem.
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: