Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
HOFER Austria celebrates its 50th anniversaryIn 1968, HOFER KG started its business activities in Austria. Today, 50 years later, the food retailer is more modern and innovative than ever before: product range extensions, growth strategies and sustainability projects have had a lasting impact on the company's history and have made Hofer into Austria's number one in the food trade.
Simple, responsible and reliable: Hofer has always built its success on clearly defined core values and is guided by the wishes of the customer. The grocer introduced the discounting principle in Austria and has continuously developed it over the past 50 years. From its former "pallet sales" hardly anything remains: the hard discounter has given way to the smart discount. Hofer has always remained faithful to its values, but has always reinterpreted them over time.
"We always focus on the essentials, will convince customers with a strong assortment at the best prices and we guarantee the freshness and quality of our carefully selected products. This strategy has led us to success. And we want to remain true to this strategy over the next 50 years," says Günther Helm, CEO of Hofer, summarizing the philosophy of the grocery retailer, which is reflected in the corporate slogan: "HOFER, There, I'm sure.”
And this slogan is no coincidence, as HOFER impresses with formidable figures: Whereas branches in eastern and southeastern Austria were still isolated branches in 1968, today almost 480 state-of-the-art markets - more than 100 in Vienna alone - are managed by seven branches. In these are about 1,000 everyday products, supplemented by weekly changing promotional items, all carefully selected and tested by internal and external professionals. And now, after more than five decades, more than 11,000 motivated employees - from sales associates, store managers and regional sales managers to buyers, quality managers and logisticians to IT professionals, controllers and marketing specialists - all contribute to the grocer's success.
For more information: www.hofer.at
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: