Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Due to increasing customer demand, Amazon is expanding its logistics network in Germany
New Amazon logistics center in Mönchengladbach creates 1,000 full-time jobsOn January 24, Amazon announced plans to open a new logistics center in Mönchengladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia. More than 1,000 full-time jobs will be created in the region. Amazon already employs several thousand people in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Amazon continues to expand its German logistics network to respond to growing customer demand, expand product choice, and support a growing number of independent, small businesses selling and shipping their products through the Amazon Marketplace via Amazon Shipping.
"We look forward to expanding our network with the new logistics center in Mönchengladbach, creating more than 1,000 full-time jobs," says Roy Perticucci, head of the European logistics network. "North Rhine-Westphalia has a fantastic infrastructure and dedicated employees, which we would like to include in our Amazon team - with competitive wages and extensive additional benefits from day one."
Hans Wilhelm Reiners, Lord Mayor of Mönchengladbach, says: "With Amazon, another global player is coming to Mönchengladbach, which is investing heavily and creating many new jobs here. This new facility continues the positive, dynamic development of our growing city. The new building underlines the importance of Mönchengladbach as an excellent logistics location in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany and Europe.”
Dr. Ulrich Schückhaus, Managing Director of WFMG - Wirtschaftsförderung Mönchengladbach GmbH, adds: "We are pleased that Amazon is expanding its network with the Mönchengladbach location. The project fits in very well with our digitization strategy, which will be the focus of attention over the next few years."
Amazon offers employees competitive wages and extensive benefits from day one. All permanently employed logistics employees earn at least 12.22 euros gross per hour after two years. In addition to this, Amazon offers additional benefits such as performance-related bonuses, a special Christmas bonus and employee shares. With these extras, a permanent employee earns an average of 2,621 euros gross per month after two years. Furthermore, there is a free life and occupational disability insurance, a pension fund and staff discounts. The canteens of the German logistics centers are subsidized by Amazon and are preparing fresh, healthy food at low prices.
Source: Amazon Deutschland
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: