Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Wanbang Market sees broccoli prices dropping
Last week, the overall broccoli price fell to 3.80 yuan per kilogram on the Wanbang Market, compared to 4.96 yuan the week before and 5.90 yuan last month.
This was mostly because of an increase in supply. The majority of the broccoli comes from Zhejiang and Yunnan, and some of it from Hubei as well. Zhejiang is responsible for approximately 60% of the total supply. The prices from the three regions are pretty much the same.
The supply increased by a quarter last week, because the Hubei supply entered the market. The entrance of large quantities of Yunnan broccoli on the market led to a drop in price. Because the broccoli is mostly sold separately, so it can be divided into individual plastic blags, the costs are lower than those for foam containers. That is also why the prices dropped.
Source: Primary Industry Network
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: