Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Wanbang Market sees broccoli prices dropping
Last week, the overall broccoli price fell to 3.80 yuan per kilogram on the Wanbang Market, compared to 4.96 yuan the week before and 5.90 yuan last month.
This was mostly because of an increase in supply. The majority of the broccoli comes from Zhejiang and Yunnan, and some of it from Hubei as well. Zhejiang is responsible for approximately 60% of the total supply. The prices from the three regions are pretty much the same.
The supply increased by a quarter last week, because the Hubei supply entered the market. The entrance of large quantities of Yunnan broccoli on the market led to a drop in price. Because the broccoli is mostly sold separately, so it can be divided into individual plastic blags, the costs are lower than those for foam containers. That is also why the prices dropped.
Source: Primary Industry Network
Publication date: 1/29/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: