Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
US: Grants for apple storage & aquaponics projectsDuring its meeting on January 24, the Michigan Commission of Agriculture and Rural Development voted to award two Food and Agriculture Investment Program grants to Always Local and Hartford Farm Supply, thus supporting the development of an aquaponics project and construction of an apple storage facility.
Always Local LLC is a company developing a new large-scale commercial aquaponics farm in Caledonia with a primary product of fresh salad mix and locally raised fish. The facility will produce products under the brand name Revolution Farms and will provide a fresh salad mix product that can be sourced in West Michigan. The company was awarded a $50,000 performance-based grant to construct a state-of-the-art 55,000 square-foot Venlo style glass greenhouse and a 35,000 square-foot warehouse on a site in Caledonia.
Fruitgrowersnews.com also reported on Hartford Farm Supply, which operates under the name Paw Paw River Produce, will construct a controlled atmosphere storage facility in Hartford, Michigan. The project will allow for greater capacity and more efficient storage for apples that are grown in Southwest Michigan and the Traverse City region. The company was awarded a $75,000 performance-based grant to construct the facility.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: