- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Spanish lemon crop over 1 million tons
Regarding varieties of lemon, 862,000 tons are expected for FINO lemon, with a decrease of 4% comparing with the previous forecast. For VERNA lemon 206,000 tons are forecast. A crop of 1,068,000 tons is estimated in total, a decrease of 4.2% comparing with last estimates.
Comments on the Spanish Lemon Season
Rains, water availability as well as general weather conditions are some of the key facts conditioning the size of the fruit with predominance of average and central sizes fruit.
The activity rate during the first part of the season going from September to December 2017 has been higher, with exports in the fresh market going up by 13%. In the case of processing activity, a reduction of 11% was achieved due to lower availability of lemons for this purpose and higher demand from the fresh market.
It is expected to conclude the Fino lemon season at the end of April, following with Verna lemon during 7/8 weeks giving the path to Southern Hemisphere lemon.
The fulfilment of field notebooks by growers, accreditation by the GlobalGAP and GRASP certificates, the involvement of the sector in sustainability programmes, and the use of standardised contracts from the Ministry of Agriculture that fulfil Act 12/2013, on measures for improving the operation of the food supply chain, will be some of the essential elements of this season.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 First Oronule clementines arrive in UK this weekend
- 10/19/2018 OP Red CoP starts the Limone Primofiore marketing campaign
- 10/19/2018 "The harvest schedule of Spanish citrus could change in the future"
- 10/19/2018 Spain: "Citrus fruits overcome productive dip of previous campaign"
- 10/19/2018 China: Guang'an lemon exports to Indonesia for the first time
- 10/19/2018 China drives record season for Australian citrus growers
- 10/18/2018 Sunkist launching marketing programs
- 10/18/2018 US: Citrus canker spreads through Louisiana
- 10/17/2018 "Going for China without good planning just because it pays well is very risky"
- 10/17/2018 Texas grapefruit grower launches new trade newsletter
- 10/17/2018 Citrus shipper launches limited edition label for Florida citrus
- 10/17/2018 US: Asian citrus psyllids found in Kern County
- 10/16/2018 Late Southern Hemisphere mandarins pushing Spain's earliest ones away from the market
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Good prospects in terms of volume for Castellon's citrus fruits
- 10/16/2018 China: Price differential between domestic and imported fruit shrinking
- 10/16/2018 China: Shiyan mandarins on the market in the next two weeks
- 10/16/2018 North American lemon supplies return to normal
- 10/15/2018 USDA Citrus forecast October
- 10/15/2018 Australian orange exports increasing
- 10/15/2018 Citrus Research Board announces interim president