- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- American robotic farming system could be the answer to labor shortages
- Produce distributor giving $85,000 in grants to local farmers
- Experienced executive marketer presents new strategy for companies
- 80% water restriction, despite full farm dams, of grave concern to Langkloof topfruit farmers
- Spinach recalled from Lidl, Aldi, Dunnes Stores, Tesco and Supervalu
Top 5 -last week
- "Great divergence in market demand for Chinese fresh ginger"
- USDA restricts PACA violators in FL, NJ, NY and WA from operating in the produce industry
- Multiple raspberry varieties steal show during National Fruit Show 2018
- Cape onion producers well-placed to take advantage of European shortage
- New Zealand: 2018-2019 apple acreage forecast to be up 3 percent at 9,700 hectares
Spanish lemon crop over 1 million tons
Regarding varieties of lemon, 862,000 tons are expected for FINO lemon, with a decrease of 4% comparing with the previous forecast. For VERNA lemon 206,000 tons are forecast. A crop of 1,068,000 tons is estimated in total, a decrease of 4.2% comparing with last estimates.
Comments on the Spanish Lemon Season
Rains, water availability as well as general weather conditions are some of the key facts conditioning the size of the fruit with predominance of average and central sizes fruit.
The activity rate during the first part of the season going from September to December 2017 has been higher, with exports in the fresh market going up by 13%. In the case of processing activity, a reduction of 11% was achieved due to lower availability of lemons for this purpose and higher demand from the fresh market.
It is expected to conclude the Fino lemon season at the end of April, following with Verna lemon during 7/8 weeks giving the path to Southern Hemisphere lemon.
The fulfilment of field notebooks by growers, accreditation by the GlobalGAP and GRASP certificates, the involvement of the sector in sustainability programmes, and the use of standardised contracts from the Ministry of Agriculture that fulfil Act 12/2013, on measures for improving the operation of the food supply chain, will be some of the essential elements of this season.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”
- 2018-11-15 Spain: "The delay of Huelva's mandarins causes production overlap"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Citrus fruits allegedly being sold again at open prices
- 2018-11-15 Sharp increase of Georgian mandarin exports
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- 2018-11-13 Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Quality of Cordoba's citrus will be higher this campaign
- 2018-11-13 Taiwan: Market entry of Taidong Navel orange delayed
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market