Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Dried in low temperatures. There is nothing like it in the market"
Extra crispy dehydrated fruit and veg snacksThe market is ready to receive a new product in the healthy and convenient snacks segment: crispy dehydrated pineapple, apple and pepper snacks, without additives, without added sugar, without preservatives, without lyophilisation, without frying, and therefore, fat-free.
The launch of the product line buenOH!, which was already presented at Fruit Attraction, in Madrid, has been possible thanks to a collaboration between the Almeria-based company Unica Fresh and Wild Pilot.
"There's nothing like it in the market," says Diego Calderón, marketing director and sales manager for this product. "The dehydrated fruit that we usually find in stores has around 10% humidity, with a soft and rubbery texture, and if they are crispier, they have usually been lyophilised or dried at high temperatures, which makes the product lose nutritional properties. We have obtained a dehydrated product with approximately 3% humidity. To achieve such a crispy texture, we dry the product at low temperatures, preventing the product from losing beneficial properties, and we use an exclusive texturing process, giving them a shelf life of up to one year."
In August 2017, the Tecnova Foundation conducted a sensory study through a panel with 97 participants of different ages from 5 countries to find out if they saw differences between the buenOh! products and the main brands of dehydrated snacks already available in the market.
"Those who tried these products were especially surprised by their crispy texture and flavours, with the pineapple standing out the most in all parameters," says Diego Calderón.
According to its sales manager, "Consumers are given the possibility to enjoy vegetables and fruits at any time of the day, comfortably, since each bag contains 15 grams of dried fruit, equivalent to a 150 gram serving of fresh produce, so it has a satiating effect. It is ideal to take anywhere: at school, at the gym, at the office, etc. They are always ready for you, wherever you are."
The product is being marketed through retailers and specialised stores in Spain, Europe, Asia and North America. Unica Fresh is the product's exclusive distributor.
Unica Fresh will be present as an exhibitor at Fruit Logistica, in Berlin, to be held on 7, 8 and 9 February. You can find them on Hall 18, stand A-05.
For more information, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
|7/19/2018||China: Price of most agricultural products showed a downward trend in first half of the year|