- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
"Dried in low temperatures. There is nothing like it in the market"
Extra crispy dehydrated fruit and veg snacks
The launch of the product line buenOH!, which was already presented at Fruit Attraction, in Madrid, has been possible thanks to a collaboration between the Almeria-based company Unica Fresh and Wild Pilot.
"There's nothing like it in the market," says Diego Calderón, marketing director and sales manager for this product. "The dehydrated fruit that we usually find in stores has around 10% humidity, with a soft and rubbery texture, and if they are crispier, they have usually been lyophilised or dried at high temperatures, which makes the product lose nutritional properties. We have obtained a dehydrated product with approximately 3% humidity. To achieve such a crispy texture, we dry the product at low temperatures, preventing the product from losing beneficial properties, and we use an exclusive texturing process, giving them a shelf life of up to one year."
In August 2017, the Tecnova Foundation conducted a sensory study through a panel with 97 participants of different ages from 5 countries to find out if they saw differences between the buenOh! products and the main brands of dehydrated snacks already available in the market.
"Those who tried these products were especially surprised by their crispy texture and flavours, with the pineapple standing out the most in all parameters," says Diego Calderón.
According to its sales manager, "Consumers are given the possibility to enjoy vegetables and fruits at any time of the day, comfortably, since each bag contains 15 grams of dried fruit, equivalent to a 150 gram serving of fresh produce, so it has a satiating effect. It is ideal to take anywhere: at school, at the gym, at the office, etc. They are always ready for you, wherever you are."
The product is being marketed through retailers and specialised stores in Spain, Europe, Asia and North America. Unica Fresh is the product's exclusive distributor.
Unica Fresh will be present as an exhibitor at Fruit Logistica, in Berlin, to be held on 7, 8 and 9 February. You can find them on Hall 18, stand A-05.
For more information, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-10-19 Onions: high prices and a 'wait-and-see' market
- 2018-10-16 Advantages of the Mater-Bi mulch film for processing tomatoes
- 2018-10-04 Mushrooms are the summer surprise: an increase in consumption
- 2018-09-21 Frigga: New product launch conference at Hong Kong Asian Fruit and Vegetable Exhibition
- 2018-07-19 China: Price of most agricultural products showed a downward trend in first half of the year
- 2018-04-10 New technology for post-harvest treatment of avocados
- 2018-03-30 Solution to prevent blotchy ripening in tomatoes
- 2018-03-23 Europe: Tomatoes most popular vegetable - bananas most-loved fruit
- 2018-02-21 France: Traces of pesticide in 75% of vegetables and 41% of fruits
- 2018-02-05 What is the decisive factor when buying fresh produce?
- 2018-02-02 Make your own´veggie pattie´ packs launched in Sweden
- 2018-02-01 Interko launches new ripening room product
- 2018-01-26 Extra crispy dehydrated fruit and veg snacks
- 2018-01-12 Innovation and biotechnology applied to the field
- 2018-01-08 China: New type of single-use PDF temperature recorder to hit market soon
- 2017-11-21 Spain: Mango-flavoured gin created in Andalusia
- 2017-10-11 "Spain: "Use your time to enjoy fruit, not to peel it"
- 2017-07-05 Spain: Anti-humidity filter for the absorption of ethylene in trucks and warehouses
- 2017-06-23 Snack food manufacturer launches new peanut and fruit snack products
- 2017-06-15 Are there too many kinds of tomatoes in German shops?