Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New salad with a unique ingredient - samphire
“In this market, innovation is absolutely key, so we are now launching a very new salad, which is a combination of baby leaves of green lettuce, wild rocket, pak choi, red chard and samphire. The last mentioned ingredient is very unique, as it’s a sea herb with a salty taste. The intention is that it replaces salt on the seasoning of the salad in more healthy way. It’s an all-natural product that is produced in the region of the river Ria Formosa in the South of Portugal. The origin of the samphire gives the name to the salad!l”, states Jose Fradeira, sales director from Vitacress Portugal.
“Customers are always keen to welcome innovation on their shelves and in this launch they have shown great excitement with this completely new product on the market . It’s like a gourmet salad, which is available in a bag packaging on a year round basis. We wanted to explore the idea of offering more healthy food solutions. The consumers´ perception of this specific herb is very positive. However, it is quite unavailable and hard to find in the market. We have an agreement with the producer of this herb. We would like to sell it as a stand alone product and part of this new salad.”
Jose concludes that this sea herb should be used, how stevia is used to sweeten. “It’s a replacement of salt to use for culinary preparations.”
You can visit Vitacress Portugal at the Fruit Logistica in hall 5.2 at stand C-12.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: