Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Port of Genoa-Savona: for all types of reefer trafficIn Savona, the reefer terminal has changed hands from the VRSAR Group to the multinational company APM Terminals (Maersk Group) but is continuing its operations within the new container platform that is under construction in Vado Ligure. The terminal will operate in synergy with the platform when it’s built. Meanwhile, the reefer terminal in Vado currently acts as Savona’s container terminal.
Vado’s reefer terminal is the first in the Mediterranean for fruit traffic, which has increased from 85,000 tons in 1982 to 500,000 tons in recent years; about 50% of its volume consists of bananas and pineapples, while the remainder is citrus fruits and other fruit from South Africa, West Africa, Central and South America, and New Zealand in the off season.
Themeditelegraph.com listed more numbers: the terminal has a total of 24,000 sqm of refrigerated warehouses, which are divided into fifteen temperature-controlled cells (from -2 to +14° C) and four air-conditioned areas with a storage capacity of 13,000 pallets. The main wharf is 465 m long with a depth of 14.5 m, while the storage yard has a capacity of 10,000 TEU (giving an annual capacity of 400,000 TEU) and has 510 electrical connections for refrigerated containers.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: