Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Originating in Laos:
Bananacoin: investing in organic bananas
Recently, we saw the launch of ‘Bananacoin’,a new currency presented as “the world’s first blockchain option for investing in the production of organic bananas.”
Bananacoin claims to be the first environmentally-friendly plantation in Laos, which has released a utility token-based, open software blockchain platform, Ethereum. Its stated mission: “to grow [an] organic and healthy variety of bananas known as “Lady Finger” in our plantations in Laos and to export them to China where demand is greater than supply.” The Lady Finger, says Bananacoin, is the most expensive and popular banana on the Chinese market.
Newfoodeconomy.org reports that out of 14 million available tokens, 3.4 million have already been sold.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: