Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: 100,000 tons of avocados for the Super Bowl
Avocado producers from Michoacan are getting ready to export more than 100 thousand tons of avocado for the 52nd edition of the Super Bowl, which will be held on February 4 in the United States and which would leave an economic impact of more than 3 billion pesos.
The delegate of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (Sagarpa) in Michoacan, Jaime Rodriguez Lopez, said that they expect to surpass the numbers of previous years in 2018.
"We always reach 100 thousand tons in this game, but this year we will ship more. We can notice it in the daily harvest here, which is strong, we are going to send more than 100 thousand tons," he stressed.
Rodriguez Lopez said the price of the avocados for export varied, but that it currently stood at more than 30 pesos.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: