Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: 100,000 tons of avocados for the Super Bowl
Avocado producers from Michoacan are getting ready to export more than 100 thousand tons of avocado for the 52nd edition of the Super Bowl, which will be held on February 4 in the United States and which would leave an economic impact of more than 3 billion pesos.
The delegate of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (Sagarpa) in Michoacan, Jaime Rodriguez Lopez, said that they expect to surpass the numbers of previous years in 2018.
"We always reach 100 thousand tons in this game, but this year we will ship more. We can notice it in the daily harvest here, which is strong, we are going to send more than 100 thousand tons," he stressed.
Rodriguez Lopez said the price of the avocados for export varied, but that it currently stood at more than 30 pesos.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: