Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Cherimoya exports to the EU grow by almost 20%
Cherimoya exports to the European Union have increased by almost 20% so far this agricultural season. According to data from the Center for Technical Assistance and Inspection of Foreign Trade, a body of the Ministry of Economy, up until December 2017 - the last month of reference in the agricultural campaign, which began in September - companies located in the province of Granada exported to the EU more than 1.85 million kilos of cherimoyas, i.e. more than 19% more than the 1.55 million kilos they marketed in the same period of the previous year.
In December, Portugal was the main destination for this fruit with more than 92,600 kilos. It was followed by Germany, with about 75,000 kilos, and France, with just over 56,000 kilos. There were also exports to the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Czech Republic, the United Kingdom, and Italy.
The cherimoya campaign lasts about nine months. It starts in September and ends in May, thanks to the advances made in the sector, which are achieving a deseasonalization of this fruit.
The production, packaging and packaging area of the cherimoyas covered by the Cherimoya Designation of Origin of the Tropical Coast of Granada-Malaga is comprised by the lands located in the natural region of the same name, between both provinces. The most outstanding producing municipalities within these provinces are Motril, Velez de Benaudalla, Los Guajares, Molvizar, Salobreña, Itrabo, Otivar, Lenteji, Jete, and Almuñecar.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: