Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zespri study in the German market:
Innovative displays with kiwis enable increased salesA study of kiwi world market leader Zespri’s position in the German market shows: The placing of kiwis in innovative displays enables significant sales increases. At the same time, it helps retailers to distinguish themselves.
German consumers have become more demanding: food should not only be delicious, but also fresh, healthy, sustainably produced and presented in an appealing way. A new challenge for retailers - and at the same time an opportunity for them to distinguish themselves with the placement of healthy, nutrient-rich foods.
To help the marketers with this challenge, Zespri's six-week summer of 2017 study tested the sales impact of an additional display of SunGold and Green kiwis in various sales zones. The study also compared the effects with the impact of other measures, such as flyer advertising, and examined the effect of placements on the margins.
- The study showed that Zespri kiwis are well suited as impulse takeaway articles: For example, additional displays increased kiwi sales in a test market by up to 117%.
- This effect surpassed the effects of flyer advertising.
- In addition, a higher margin for trading was achieved with these additional placements.
Visit the company at Fruit Logistica in Hall 6.2, Stand D-05.
With sales of 952 million euros, Zespri is one of the world's most successful marketing companies in the agricultural sector, a world market leader for premium kiwis and a pioneer in innovation and technology. The Mount Maunganui, New Zealand, company is uniting some 2,500 New Zealand kiwi farmers, is selling to 54 countries around the world and employs approximately 310 people in New Zealand, Asia, Europe and North America. Last year, the Zespri brand had its 20th anniversary.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: