- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- "Companies choose Fruit Attraction to present their innovations to the world"
- Excellent year for Solarelli Abate pears
- "Our Scottish production was critical to maintaining volumes during this period"
- Spain: Concerns at start of Catalan citrus harvest, following storms
- Emerson releases GO Real-Time Secure Tracker
Top 5 -last week
Philippines: Growing Thai warty pumpkins
The Prakaithong is a prolific hybrid that produces highly uniform large flat round warty fruits that weigh 6 to 8 kilos each. The fruit flesh is dark yellow with excellent eating quality. This hybrid has intermediate resistance to leaf curl virus, papaya ring spot virus, and another virus called ZYMV for short.
According to Ric Reyes, East-West’s Global Product and Market Combination manager, the warty pumpkins are very delicious. Their eating quality is better than many traditional varieties in the market. He really believes that the warty varieties are worthwhile introducing in the Philippines.
A newsbits.mb.com article explains how growing pumpkins has a number of advantages. For one, it is not as expensive to grow compared to other high-value crops. The seeds for planting are not as expensive as other vegetable hybrids. The crop can be grown in the open field and can just be allowed to crawl on the ground.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-13 Mexico: Avocado producers on strike due to lower prices
- 2018-11-13 Ecuador can export tree tomatoes to the United States
- 2018-11-13 Good expectations for the export of fresh soursop from Ecuador
- 2018-11-13 NZ: Kiwifruit orchards being sold, Seeka selling $16 million worth of orchards
- 2018-11-13 Persimmon drying season in Japan: What a view
- 2018-11-09 Italy: Fresh pineapples from the DR thanks to air transportation
- 2018-11-09 Photo Report: Visit to French kiwi and kiwi berry growers
- 2018-11-09 Colombia: "We are increasing gulupa exports for Christmas"
- 2018-11-09 Ghana: Mango farmers unhappy with treatment by Exim Bank
- 2018-11-09 Harvesting season for Turkish pomegranates ending, weather has caused issues
- 2018-11-08 Reunion Island: expansion of the Victoria pineapple
- 2018-11-08 More international demand for produce from Saint Lucia
- 2018-11-08 Mexico: The avocado from Michoacan could miss the Super Bowl
- 2018-11-07 Australia: Mango season North Queensland 2018
- 2018-11-07 Navi Mumbai APMC: Alphonso makes early entry
- 2018-11-07 China claims intent to buy more from Cambodia
- 2018-11-07 Honduras: Okra sales will generate US $45 million
- 2018-11-07 Americans enjoy Honduran organic rambutan
- 2018-11-07 The cassava is a healthy and nostalgic alternative to potato
- 2018-11-07 Pakistan markets full of seasonal pomegranates