Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kiwis ready for healthier diets
No more Goods and Services Tax on fresh produce, say New ZealandersAs studies have shown that the New Zealand adult population has a weight problem -with almost one in three of them classified as obese- itís good to know the kiwis are ready to do something about it.
New Zealand has one of the worst obesity rates in the world. However, a recent survey revealed that people are thinking about healthy eating and are keen that things are done to encourage it. 87% of people polled thought more should be done to promote healthy eating, 86% went as far to agree that GST should be removed from fresh produce.
According to Stats NZ, the price of fruit and vegetables increased 4.5% over 2017. Latest reports suggest that further increases are expected in the coming weeks and months. Scoop.co.nz reports on another way of keeping costs down: buy the foods that are in season. This not only helps the household budget but ensures mealtime variety and a varied diet.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: